Welcome to the Silver Creek Home Owners Association
(Please Note: You are currently logged on to the only Officially Recognized Website of Silver Creek HOA Puyallup, WA. Any information regarding Silver Creek gained from any other electronic source should be verified before being considered factual)
ANNUAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
The 2013 Annual membership meeting will be held on Thursday, December 12th at Carson Elementary School. Start time is 6:30 PM - Sign in will start at 5:30
BUDGET BALLOT DEADLINE REMINDER
If you wish to vote on the budget (you received your ballot by US Mail around November 20th with the meeting notice), remember the deadline is this Wednesday December 11 by end of business (5:00 PM). If you are concerned about the mail not reaching us in time... please feel free to drop it off at the offices of JC Higgins & Associates 802 39th Avenue SW, Puyallup, 98373 (behind the Mall) 253-841-0111 for directions if you need them.
Do Not send mail to this address... use the P.O. Box listed on the ballot if you are mailing. Thank you.
DECEMBER/HOLIDAY COMMUNITY EVENTS:
* Friday, Dec 6 (6pm - 8:30pm) Gingerbread House Decorating at the Clubhouse (registration required)
* Tues, Dec 17 (6pm - 8:30pm) Santa Shop at the Clubhouse (registration required)
* Thurs, Dec 19 (6:30pm) Holiday Caroling in Brookfield (info: Jena Lavik-Kennedy by emailing EVENTS@silvercreekwa.com)
* Sun, Dec 22 (6pm - 9pm) Santa on Patrol in Silver Creek (PCSD will patrol around SC with Santa and candy canes)
For the events that require registration; please send us an email EVENTS@silvercreekwa.com
email: EVENTS@silvercreekwa.com for more information
ATTENTION BROOKFIELD Residents: Playground on 96th Avenue East is currently closed. It has been removed due to vandalism. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the HOA Board: firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for understanding.
COMMUNITY CENTER -- CLUBHOUSE RENTAL SPECIAL
For a limited time, you can rent the clubhouse on weekdays (Monday through Thursday) for almost half off the rental fee!
Friday - Sunday will remain $175.00 rental fee;
however Monday - Thursday fee is ONLY $100.00! (*that's almost half off!)
**(Please click on the Clubhouse and Facilities page (under the 'Community & Services' tab at the top of this page) for damage deposit and other details).
There are new speed bumps installed at each entrance and exit to the Country Hollow Neighborhood. Your Board of Directors made the decision to install these in an attempt to cut some of the high gate repair expenses. Please drive carefully when entering or exiting this area. The board also felt that this would help promote the safety of pedestrians near the gates.
NOTICE: Board Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Silver Creek Community Center. Homeowners are welcome to attend and observe these meetings.
Questions have arisen regarding 'street trees' recently. These would be the trees that are similar and planted in the 'parking strips' (the grass area between the sidewalk and the street in front of your house) and which line the streets... They are not planted through the entire community but do exist in several neighborhoods. The Board has noted that the maintenance of these trees is the responsibility of the homeowner whose lot they exist in front of. These trees need to be kept trimmed as to allow clear passage of pedestrians and vehicles. They may not be removed unless there is a legitimate problem with them, and any tree removed would need to be replaced with an approved species. Board permission would need to be granted to make any changes so if you have a disease or rot issue or something along those lines with your tree, please get in touch with the board in writing email@example.com and the board will take it under consideration and advise accordingly.
Your Homeowner's Association is constantly in need of volunteers. There are many people who, working together, keep the HOA running by volunteering their time - we wish to thank them all. Some positions are vacant and some are filled by people who wish to take a little break. If you can volunteer any amount of time at all, to do anything at all, it would be greatly appreciated; please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what your talents and time availability are... we will try to find a place for you. 'Many hands make light the work' and it takes many to run this "small city" that we call home!
Board of Directors
Recognized Official Committees
Notice: All committees are selected by the Board of Directors. As such, only Board approved and appointed committees are recognized as official and any information obtained through other sources should be verified.
The recognized official committees are currently:
- ACC (Architectural Control Committee) : email@example.com
- Budget & Finance Committee : firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW* (September 2013) Neighborhood watch patrol : email@example.com If you wish to inquire about any of these, or form a new committee of any kind, please contact the board or management via firstname.lastname@example.org to make your proposal. Please Note: there is currently no 'Crime Watch Committee' that is recognized or supported by the Silver Creek HOA. Anyone (whether a resident of Silver Creek or not) acting in any 'Neighborhood Watch' or 'Crime Watch' capacity is doing so of their own volition and is not endorsed by the HOA in any way. If any homeowner or group of homeowners would like to set up one of these, they would need to contact the board of directors by email email@example.com to present a proposal. The Board would then put volunteers in touch with the Pierce County Sheriff's Department for proper training, and then will consider endorsement of the group.